Who is dating regina hall
The building was officially opened December 14, 1976.
The construction manager was Poole Construction Limited and the architect, Joseph Pettick. It is 16 storeys high, rising 208 feet above a landscaped public plaza known as Queen Elizabeth II Court.
This frame building functioned as a fire hall, police station and jail, a theatre, and a school. This site was sold for the Midtown Centre development in 1964 and the building was demolished the following year.
It was officially opened by Lieutenant Governor Edgar Dewdney on February 11, 1886. Regina's third city hall (1962 - 1976) was located in the old post office building on the corner of Scarth Street and 11th Avenue.
The day Regina became a city, Lieutenant Governor A. Forget raised the Union Jack for the first time over the City of Regina at this location. This building, designed by David Ewart, chief architect for the Dominion of Canada, was constructed in the "Beaux Arts" style and completed in 1909. In 1962 the building was declared surplus by the Federal Government and sold to the City of Regina for 0,000.
Regina's second city hall (1908 - 1962) was located on 11th Avenue between Rose Street and Hamilton Street. The building was renovated and used as the city hall until 1976.
Banks Regina's first bank, the Bank of Montreal, was established January 2, 1883 on the corner of Victoria Avenue and Lorne Street.
It was the first office of any chartered bank west of Winnipeg.